Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blogtastic. Let's get started.

href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CViv%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml">


My mother once told me, ‘don’t bite off more than you can chew’. Ok, it probably wasn’t her saying. In fact, I’ve heard it a million times before. But I’d like to think she invented it. She’s quite right though. If someone took a bite too big of anything they would quite literally, choke. And nobody wants to cark it. Or do they?

Hectic is my new word for this year. Don’t you think things are getting a little bit too much these days? To start with, there’s Christmas and we all know the joy that brings. (Insert sarcastic festive comment here.) Then there’s New Years, Festivals Galore, Birthdays and the occasional christening and funeral just to shake things up a bit. The festivals are what have gotten to me though. 2009 should be named year of the festival. They sneak up behind you in a dark alleyway and then BAM! They are all there with killer line-ups; in your face and begging you do attend them. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great that Australia is finally making a name for itself as this beautiful festival laden country where scores of happy people can come to dance the days away. But nobody in their right mind can attend all of them without pretty much dying by the end of it or selling all their possessions to get there.

In the words of my mother; don’t choke this summer. I don’t want anyone to choke, which is why I will try to give you the best info around on what to see, hear and where to go. So you can make informed decisions about what you are putting into your mouth, I mean, ears. My advice is, be picky, be choosy and be darn right careful with what music you choose to kill your eardrums. Cus you really don’t want to be deaf by the age of forty with nothing else in your head but that Nickelback album you heard in 2001. (Sorry fans of Nickelback but I am not a believer.)

But hey, who am I to tell you this, after all it was greats like Billy Joel that said ‘Only the good die young’ and it was the Eagles that sang ‘Life in the fast lane’. Isn’t rock and roll about all that crazy stuff? Maybe I am becoming like my mother and rock and roll has been watered down to a pansy version of what it used to be. Who knows? All I know is that musical knowledge will be your tool to survive the onslaught. So make sure you have your water bottle, your dancing shoes and your tickets ready, and remember, don’t choke.

No comments:

Post a Comment